Ashridge Golf Club PGA Golf Professional
We didn't see that one coming
The hype surrounding last week's PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines was far bigger than usual, mainly due to Tiger's return to a familiar hunting ground where he has dominated in the past. He was grouped with Jason Day and Dustin Johnson for the opening rounds so to say this was a marquee group would be an understatement.
It is often said that playing alongside someone who is playing well can benefit your game and vice versa, and this was certainly the case last week as all three golfers missed the cut after 36 holes. Leading the way going into the weekend was Englishman Justin Rose, only to succumb to Spain's Jon Rahm who secured his maiden PGA Tour title by nailing a 60 foot putt for eagle on the final green. Talk about keeping your nerve under pressure.
We'll be on Tiger watch over the next few weeks so keep checking our newsletters to find out how he got on. In the meantime, make sure you dust off your clubs and take to the course. When you do, pop your head in the shop and take a look at all of the new stock that has started to arrive.
Explore the latest products here.
FootJoy D.N.A. Golf Shoe
The D.N.A. was updated for 2016. It's a solid all-round performer and a popular choice for many.
Features and benefits:
- SnugFit tongue and Microvent technology aid fit, comfort, protection and breathability
- 3D foam collar moulds to ankle for ideal comfort, fit and support
- ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards features full grain leather that is supple, lightweight, thin-yet-durable, and completely waterproof
- FTF (Fine-Tuned Foam) provides cushioning and comfort
- NitroThin TPU (thermoplastic urethane) outsole results in thinner outsole that delivers lightweight stability
|It keeps on getting better and better|
I hope you have a great week.
|Please click here if you want to stop receiving emails from Peter Cherry|